- Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
- For far too long, the humanitarian crisis in Yemen
- Waste management in the US is a big market opportunity for Denmark
- Danish government supports mega events for LGBTI people
The government has given its official declaration of support to endeavours to attract two international mega events, WorldPride and EuroGames, to Copenhagen in 2021 under the joint title Copenhagen 2021.
- Government donates an additional EUR 33.5 million to Syrias civilians
The Minister for Development Cooperation, Ulla Tørnæs, is now ramping up the support provided to victims of the war in Syria. This involves a new EUR 33.5 million (DKK 250 million) allocation of funds, directed to humanitarian emergency assistance and more long-term development missions in Syria and its neighbouring countries.
- Denmark donates EUR 40.000 to the rescue mission after the mudslide in Colombia
With an emergency donation of EUR 40.000 (DKK 300.000) in humanitarian funds, Denmark is now contributing to the rescue work in response to the mudslide last weekend in Colombia. Denmark’s contribution is expected to go to immediate emergency assistance, such as clean water, food, clothing, and medicine to the families affected.
- Government allocates EUR 6.7 million to the stabilisation efforts in Syria for 2017
Anders Samuelsen, the Minister for Foreign Affairs, is emphasising Denmark’s broad commitment in Syria, in announcing a resource allocation of EUR 6.7 million (DKK 50 million) to the Danish stabilisation efforts in 2017. Among other purposes, the contribution will go to the support of the Free Syrian Police, Syrian civil defence and the UN-led peace negotiations.
- Denmark launches Global Goals action plan
On Friday the Danish government is launching a national action plan relating to the UN’s 17 Global Goals for eradicating poverty and creating sustainable development worldwide.
- Denmark hosts meeting of the international coalition against ISIL
Over 120 experts in anti-laundering and counter-terrorism will be assembled from 29th to 30th of March in Copenhagen as part of the financial working group of the coalition, the Counter ISIL Finance Group (CIFG).
- HRC34: Denmark presents the resolution to the Human Rights Council on Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment: Mandate of the Special Rapporteur on Torture